Mixed Age Classes- Offered all seasons!
Our 45-minute classes include songs, rhythmic rhymes, movement, and instrument play. These activities are presented as informal, non-performance-oriented musical experiences, developmentally appropriate for children and easy for parents and caregivers ~regardless of their own musical ability. A CD, Songbook, and digital downloads with access to the Family Music Zone are included!
Babies Class - now offered all seasons!
Offered for families with infants through 9 months of age. In this class, the activities are specifically designed to teach you how to support music development in infancy and how to connect with your baby through music using methods such as "purposeful touch," "sound-layering," "dancing for baby," etc. Since our Babies Class uses the same song collections as our other classes, you will experience a seamless transition as tour baby grows into our mixed-age classes.
Rhythm Kids Level 1
Rhythm Kids Level 1 is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4–5) with a parent or caregiver. Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids Level 1 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
• make up their own drumming patterns
• invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.)
• create movement ideas for songs
• even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids Level 1 follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
Classes are for preschoolers ages 4–5 and include:
• 8 weekly, 45-minute classes
• Animal Collection Songbook and 2 CDs each semester
• Access to online drum-play videos and other material
Toca Djembe not included in cost of program
Your child will:
• Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
• Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
• Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Winter Registration is now open…don't miss out!